Friday, January 13, 2012

Shortlisted for 2011 Voiceless Media Prize

On 30 November 2011 I attended the 2011 Voiceless Awards Event, as I was shortlisted in the Print/Online category for the Voiceless Media Prize. The prizes recognise the most influential and accurate reports on animal protection and ethics.

I was shortlisted for three of my articles: Ducking Progress: Victoria's Duck Hunting Season, Horse Racing: The Hidden Cruelty Revealed, and Shark Fin Soup: A Recipe for Extinction.

Although I didn't win it I had a brilliant night. Great venue with amazing food and wine, plus I had the opportunity to meet some fantastic people.

Christine Jackman won the Print/Online prize for The Claws Come Out in The Weekend Australian Magazine. Her article discussed the difficulties of animal law, which still considers an animal to be a form of personal property.

Sarah Ferguson and Michael Doyle of Four Corners (ABC) very deservedly won the Broadcast prize for A Bloody Business, an expose of the live cattle trade with Indonesia.

No comments:

Post a Comment